What is TerraCycle?
Operating in 21 countries (including 12 in Europe), TerraCycle is a world leader in the recycling of generally non-recyclable waste, such as pens, snack wrappers, baby food pouches, beauty product packaging, home care product packaging and even the likes of cigarette butts and marine plastics. We create collection and recycling solutions systems for products / packaging which would otherwise be sent to incineration or landfill. To achieve this objective, we partner with some of the most recognizable brands and retailers in the world, including BIC, L’Oréal, Procter & Gamble and JDE, amongst dozens of others.
The company seeks to hire a Customer Relations Manager. The role will manage TerraCycle’s customer service and public drop off network primarily for the French market, but also across 5 other markets (Belgium, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, and Denmark) using pre-determined processes and with the support of other language speakers across the business.
Plus oversee / support the Customer Relations Executive whose main market is the UK, but also handles customer service for 5 other European markets.
The position is based in Perivale, West London and reports to the Head of Communication.
- Responsible for developing and managing the Customer Service Team
- Manage TerraCycle Customer Service via telephone and email in fast paced environment
- Supporting the development of standard responses and procedures to facilitate the management of customer service in all required European languages
- Seeking the necessary language support from colleagues in other departments as required
- Managing TerraCycle’s public drop off location network
- Updating the public drop off location maps
- Proactive outreach to potential new locations
- Sending out public location collection boxes to accepted locations
- Facilitating the Growth / Success of the Public Drop off Location Network
- Growing the number of public drop off locations where budget allows / developing the geographic spread where required via proactive outreach
- Work with the marketing team to develop editable resources to help public location administrators grow their collections (May include, letters, guides, posters, videos etc)
- From time to time supporting TerraCycle operations and administrative tasks
- Support other business functions as required, in particular where it pertains to specific language skills, this may include:
- Marketing and communications translations
- Public relations
- Operations and supply chain
- 2+ years of professional experience providing exceptional customer service
- Fluent in both French and English
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a dynamic business environment
- Ability to develop innovative & creative solutions with a proactive mindset
- Excellent organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Ability to speak another European language would be beneficial but not essential
- A demonstrated interest in sustainable/green business would be beneficial but not essential
- Salary dependent experience
- 25 Paid Holiday Days
- Company Pension contribution up to 3% of salary
Start date – ASAP
For inquiries, please send your CV and cover letter to Stephen Clarke, Head of Communications, TerraCycle Europe at email@example.com